Information we collect
The following information are generally collected in our service:
- Information you provide. We collect information when you download and register an account on our Service, correspond with us, or interact with our Service, including your name, address, email address, billing information, user name and password. We may also collect any communications between you and Posemap, as well as any information you provide if you take part in any interactive features on the Service (e.g., games, contests, promotions, surveys, etc.). We may also collect any personal information contained in photographs or other image files you upload to the Service or comments you post to interactive areas of our Site such as user forums (collectively, “User Content”).
- Metadata associated with User Content. Metadata typically consists of how, when, where and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content has been formatted. Users can add or may have added metadata added to their User Content associated with a photo, including names, geographical information, comments or other data. This metadata may be accessible to others if you share the User Content with others or on third party social media sites.
- Information we receive from third-party social networking sites. When you interact with our site through various third-party social media services, such as when you login, Like or share through Facebook, Flickr and others, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network and the social network’s own privacy policies. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Service.
- Information about others. With your permission, Posemap may access the contact list on your online account, PC or mobile device in order to share your User Content via email, text or through social media, or to invite your friends or contacts to connect with our Service. We may also collect information about others if you use our Service to upload, share and/or distribute User Content that contains information about others, such as their name, image and online contact information.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our services
- Improve, personalize, and expand our services
- Understand and analyze how you use our services
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Cookies and Data Collection Technologies
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users.
In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, and phone number. The type of information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide personalized content and information; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; (f) provide advertising or promotional offers, and (f) otherwise to develop or enhance our Service.
We use or may use certain types of log data, screenshots, and usage information submitted via technical support requests. We may collect additional diagnostic reports from your device(s), if needed, to address issues submitted through the application support request. You may adjust these permissions when you submit your support request.
Third Party Privacy Policies
We may share your personal information as described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “User Data Management” section below.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as Posemap, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include cloud storage, billing, content or service fulfillment, or analytics services;
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, photography studios through which you may print your User Content;
- Third parties who we believe may offer you useful products or services;
- Any third party at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your User Content with your friends through email, SMS text, or various social media sites;
- The public at your request. If you participate in any user forum or interactive area of our website or Service, your information will be shared with other users and may be viewable by public search engines;
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy, liquidation or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
User Data Management
Marketing Communications. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can click the “unsubscribe” button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, password requests, order confirmations, changes or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
Data Retention: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Following termination or deactivation of your account, Posemap may retain information (including User Content) for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to delete your account. Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others or with social media sites.
Privacy Settings: Always review the privacy settings on all of your devices used to connect to our Service (e.g., laptop, desktop, smartphone, tablet) to manage any sharing or transfer of your photos or other User Content across devices, or with third-party services. Be aware of default settings on your devices that may enable sharing automatically and be sure to actively manage these settings.
Data Security and Storage
Posemap cares about the security of your information and uses physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to protect our systems. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee that our measures will guard against all threats. Should any information under our control be compromised, we will take reasonable steps to investigate and remediate the incident, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Persons under the Age of 13
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Posemap does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Revision” date below and will post the updated Policy on this page.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: Posemap & Bouesse, Rues des Malterres 12, CH-2603 Pery-La Heutte Switzerland.
Last Revision Date
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, 06 August 2022.